1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgraded 2011 Three to 2014 Four with some quesitons

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by stannc, May 23, 2014.

1. stannc

stannc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Our first Prius was a 2011 Barcelona Red Three. It was on a lease because we really weren't sure if we'd like the Prius long term. Well, I guess we answered the question because when the lease ended we bought a 2014 Nautical Blue Four.

First off, I'm really liking the "Prius refresh" :)

I have a couple of questions (nits to pick, really) about the difference in the way the NAV/Audio works between the two. I really should re-read the manual again, but it doesn't help me un-learn the way things were done on the 2011.

On the 2011, when I hit the Audio button, it would turn on whatever source/channel I was listening to last. On the 2014 when I hit Audio, I then have to select "Source" on the screen. Is that correct? Seems like an unnecessary extra step there.

As far as the NAV function, that's now parked under "Apps". Is it just giving me Bing maps for the navigation now as kind of halfway between a stand-alone function and the Entune apps? If I didn't let it use my cell phone data, is the map data downloading via an antenna that didn't exist in the 2011? (I'm assuming that I have three, one each for AM/FM, Sat Radio, and GPS)

What's the function of the up-arrow button just below the on/off/volume knob? In the 2011 it was to open the CD changer/NAV DVD door, but I only have a single CD in this unit. Is there someone back at Toyota keeping track of how many times I push that button expecting something to happen? :)

On the main screen, there's an option for "cost of fuel" for each trip. Did someone at Toyota not know that the dollar sign precedes the amount in the US versus the Yen sign following the amount in Japan? I can't use that feature because that really annoys me :) No way to fix that, I guess.

All in all, I'm really enjoying the new toys on the new Four. I'm big on using streaming radio and an iPod in the car and it looks like they thought about the usefulness of that feature versus some other manufacturers where the iPod connection is essentially no more than an Aux jack.