1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgraded from 2012 Plugin to 2023 AWD

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by mousylvie, Jun 18, 2023.

1. mousylvie

mousylvie New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I'm an avid prius driver and it has been my every day car for a long while now. I clocked ~250k miles on my 2012 plug in hybrid and finally decided to upgrade to 2023 after the huge redesign. My dealership had an AWD LE in midnight black and I just had to get it.

It has been a whole world of difference, the new tech is great, the car is significantly faster and it's still amazing on gas. I did notice that storage space was a bit smaller compared to my 2012, but that is fine because it just looks so good. I want to know if you guys have upgraded from a previous prius and what was that upgrade like for you guys?

Exerted, Eug and PhoS like this.
  2. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    I've been thinking about it. My 2012 Plug-In is the shop getting repaired after a very low speed collision, but I've really enjoyed Apple CarPlay on my rental, and the 2012 is getting up there in age. That said, I only have around 130000 km on the car, which is only 80000 miles and change. (After Covid started, I've only been putting about 8000 km a year on the car.) At the rate I'm going, it would take me until 2027 just to get to 160000 km / 100000 miles.

3. Exerted

Exerted Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! Looks like you took great care of your car if it made it to 250k miles. Were you just doing factory recommended maintenance intervals?

4. mousylvie

mousylvie New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Yeah, i was just doing the oil every 5k miles, and tire rotations. I didn't feel like i was taking as best care of the car as i could, but i'm happy it lasted. It still runs great, I only had to replace the battery once.

JoeBlack and Exerted like this.
  5. Skyisfalling

Skyisfalling New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    You miss the plug-in???