1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgraded the Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by RWatters, Sep 27, 2013.

1. RWatters

RWatters Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I barely have any posts so I figure I'm still a newbie. lol

We had an inverter go out on our 2010 Prius III a little while back and were without the car for a month while Toyota fixed it. The wait and the issue really killed our love for our Prius so I started pondering the idea of just buying a new one with the exact options/color/etc. that she wanted. She didn't like the price of a new one and dealerships didn't have the car so I dropped it.

Fast forward to this month. Two dealerships had the car she wanted and both called to let me know. I put them up against each other and let them go at it. Long story short they dropped the price of the new Prius wayyyyy down (by thousands) and upped the trade-in offer on ours (by thousands) in their need to beat one another so I picked up her new car last night.

[​IMG]

It's a 2013 Prius III in Sea Glass Pearl. It has the dark grey interior which was an absolute must, and one that was rather hard to find in the midwest per the dealership we bought from. They tend to come in an ugly tan color around here. We paid $22,750 for it.

I already have a set of FR-S wheels for it and ordered the wheel spacers today. It gets window tint and a clear-bra for the front end and the lid on the hatch next week. I'll probably order a shark fin for it as well. My wife absolutely loves it and it is a major upgrade over our 2010 III. It drives like a completely different car!

ftl likes this.
  2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    nice. what did they give you for trade?

3. phickson

phickson Tron Pod Occupier

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats to you! Your Prius will be "more unique" soon! Enjoy!

4. RWatters

RWatters Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III

$14,200. Pearl white 2010 Prius III with 62k miles. Most offers were in the $12,000-$12,500 range. It took some serious haggling to get them to keep going up.

spiderman likes this.