1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upgrading 2005 Radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Xiidaen, May 15, 2012.

1. Xiidaen

Xiidaen New Member

Most of the threads I see in here are for people who know what they're doing -- I'm not one of them. I'm looking for suggestings on purchasing a replacement radio and installation services, either a national chain or someone near Central NJ.

I've currently got a satallite radio plugged in to the AUX, and it's the "5" model with the navigation system and CD Changer. I'd like to get the following:

-- apple / ipod support (mini-jack is fine, or more fancy)
    -- use of existing Sirius setup, or it's own capability

I somehow doubt this is as simple as going to best buy and picking a radio off the shelf and telling them to install it, but I thought I'd check with the experts here first as to the best way to proceed. The aftermarket items on here might work, but I thought it might be better to replace things as opposed to adding to them.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    to just run an ipod with the older prius just you a cassette deck adapter. I've had half a dozen ones over the years and the black ones all gave that hissing noise. recently I picked up a white phillips cassette adapter at sears for only $9, no hiss at all, perfect sound (keep in mind that .mp3 music is of much lesser quality than CD audio .WAV files)

a cheap and easy solution