1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Upload POIs to Prius Navigation?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Swede, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Swede

Swede New Member

Hi guys,

I've googled a lot for this one, but I can't find any information. I have some POIs on different formats (Garmin, Route 66, TomTom etc). I want to find out if there is a way to use those with my new Prius navigation, but there seems to be no way of uploading external POIs to the car navigation. I really appreciate all help on this one.

// M

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't know of any way to communicate with the built-in nav system, other than the obvious human interface. There are a few hidden diagnostic screens, but as far as I know, none of them have any I/O capability. I like the nav system, and if I had it to do all over, I'd buy it again, but I do wish it was more flexible. I'm used to marine, aviation, and hiking gps units which allow the user a great deal of control over routes, waypoints, and settings. From previous postings on this site, I suspect all of the POIs and related information are in proprietary format files on the navigation DVD.

Tom

3. Swede

Swede New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Dec 6 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]358369[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I like the nav system too and find it very intuitive and easy to use. Since you can store your own favorites, there should be some other storage except for the DVD. My guess is that it probably is a proprietary storage with no external interfaces unfortunately. It would have been a nice feature if you could backup your own favourites for sharing with other Prius owners and to be able to move them, if you buy a new car for example.