1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

US citizens denied entry to the US?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by pogo, Oct 3, 2006.

1. pogo

pogo New Member

I guess everyone but me knew about this case . My wife is a naturalized citizen and she has always worried that her citizenship could be revoked on a whim -- I've always poo pooed the idea until now. The definition of enemy combatant can now include US citizens on US soil, and the administration thinks it can deny entry to citizens. Now why would they have been so hot to talk to them over there, rather than here?

2. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pogo @ Oct 3 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]327355[/snapback]</div>
    Not only can a US citizen be denied entry, he or she can be thrown in jail and tortured without any recourse and no right to habeus corpus. Just like Hitler's Germany. All it takes is for some official to call you an "enemy combatant". Throw you in jail, throw away the key. But don't worry, the government knows best.

"Yale Law Professor Bruce Ackerman states in the L.A. Times, "The compromise legislation....authorizes the president to seize American citizens as enemy combatants, even if they have never left the United States. And once thrown into military prison, they cannot expect a trial by their peers or any other of the normal protections of the Bill of Rights."

See link: http://prisonplanet.com/articles/october20...6seekrepeal.htm

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Oct 3 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]327358[/snapback]</div>
    Someone really needs to stand up to such drastic imprisonment and militaty power against its own citizens.
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, no one can seem to find this guy.

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can also be kicked off a plane for using an unfamiliar language. Read about the guy who was removed from an American Airlines flight in Seattle for speaking Tamil: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/287261_tamil02ww.html

Reverence and respect for un-elected officials is very important. Here a fellow describes being detained in Milwaukee for writing "[Transportation Security Administration secretary] Kip Hawley is an Idiot" on the outside of his clear plastic one-quart checkpoint inspection bag: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6440005

Order your "Enemy Combatant" and "I Am Not A Terrorist" T-shirts here: http://itsnotallbad.com/iamnotaterrorist/
    Test that "free speech" thing by wearing one in public.

Land of the fearful, home of the bully.

5. jared2

jared2 New Member

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Oct 3 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]327392[/snapback]</div>
    This should be required reading for everyone capable of reading.

7. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard schumacher @ Oct 3 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]327395[/snapback]</div>
    It should. Because what is happening is scary.

8. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

hahaha... wake up!!

this is nothing new, the gov. can do what it wants, when it wants. Y'all can spin your wheels, argue your case in court, etc., ad-nauseum, you can't unfry an egg...

We, the people, lost the ability to control the government sometime around the industrial revolution when the gov. started mass producing weapons for itself, and tipped the power balance...

Elect me in '08, and I'll put together The People's Democratic Continental Army of the United States.

:ph34r:

9. jared2

jared2 New Member

This is a little extreme. Don't forget that the Canadian head of the RCMP was forced by public pressure to apologize to Mr. Arar and the government will be forced to compensate him. In many other countries, he would be ignored, marginalized or disappeared. As I have said, nothing is perfect in this world; that doesn't mean things can't get better if we try or worse if we don't.

10. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, so much for Democracy. Truth and Justice don't seem to be doing very well, either. Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion are but shadows of their former selves. What was it we're fighting for?

11. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Oct 4 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]328029[/snapback]</div>

Don't ask me, I don't give a damn. We're all goin' to Viet - - I mean Iraq.