1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

US Day Time Running Lights in '06 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by RonM, Nov 22, 2005.

1. RonM

RonM New Member

Can someone who owns a pre-2006 verify that the following line from the 2006 tech manual page on Customize Parameters is new for the '06:

DRL FUNCTION (*) ON ON/OFF of the DRL function. ON / OFF
    *: w/ Daytime Running Light for U.S.A.

I understand that daytime running lights were mentioned in earlier manuals inadvertantly. Is this possibly the same mistake (don't they proofread this stuff?), or is it new? This parameter shows up in the Light Control section of the 2006 Customize Parameters document on techinfo.toyota.com.

Thx.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Yes, it is in the 2004/2005 manual, but the feature is only available in Canada. They on the other hand, didn't have HID available to them.

There were thoughts of restoring the function, but probably requires the ambient light sensor installed. There also might be an undocumented wire that enables the feature in the body ECU, just as there is one for the alarm. I really can't see there being separate body ECUs with different programming for US and Canada.

So, the 2006 tech manual is out? I'll have to peruse through it.

3. RonM

RonM New Member

Interesting. At least parts of it are out. I have not counted to see if all of the sections in the earlier manuals are included or not. I have seen some areas where just a placeholder is included. Presumably they'll be updated later.

Also, I just looked at it again now, and I don't see the DRL customization option shown in the '06 manual. Either I looked at the '05 manual previously (possible, even though I was focused on '06), or the page has been updated/changed from yesterday.