1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

US Prius vs Japanese Prius car seats

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Blackcar, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Blackcar

Blackcar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have recently purchased a 2013 Prius and it looks like it is made in Japan, and I know someone from Japan who is willing to bring over a set of car seats covers for me. The only information I have gotten regarding differences was that there were slight differences for the GenII model. Do any know if there are differences between the car seats for 2013 Prius in US vs Japan?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks
    Ken

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Our Passenger seat will be their drivers seat so it may offer more adjustability.

3. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    And the corollary is less adjustability for the drivers seat.

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Our passenger seat will be their drivers seat so it may offer more adjustability.
    If you use both, yes.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes. US Priuses are only made in Japan. You can tell by the VIN as well. It should start with a J.

If you hadn't already realized, they drive on the other side of the road there so the steering wheel's on the other side.

6. Blackcar

Blackcar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for the response. I meant seat COVERS, the most important word that I missed in the original post. Basically, are the measurements of the seats, head rest, and etc the same?

I do apologize. I have had a lot on my mind today... the mpg does make me feel better though.

7. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought Clazzio covers and am very happy with them. However the rear seat head rest covers and the cutouts for the back rest are different to the ones in my car. I believe my covers were designed for US market, whereas we tend to get the Japanese seats here in Aussie since we are also right hand drive here.

Worth asking your friend to check with the distributor.