1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

US SPEC PA-20 Feedback iPod Kit Nav

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Dilbertic, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Dilbertic

Dilbertic Ozone

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had a local Car audio place install the US SPEC PA-20 in our brand new 2008 Prius with package #5 ( Nav ).

When we picked up the car we found out that it was so new it didnt have a operations book, but rather have the dealer show you how it works. That was nice of them, but he used his iPhone, and one of his installers used his iTouch and it seemed to work semi well, menu lags and poor ui to navigate from root to sub menus and back and back to parent menu's.

We plugged in our older iPod v1 Nano (glass face and it only played music, no UI on nav, then we tried the v2 nano metal, samething occured, so we tried the newest Video nano and that seemed to work OK.

The root menus are slow to update, 30 to 60 seconds or longer and that before you even click on the show me whats on the device menu. Also we had an issue with the connector being way to tight and hard to disconnect from the iPod (so make sure you check that before they install the kit) and last, the unit wouldn't wake unless we unplugged the device and replugged it.

My biggest issue is the Company just being "Clueless and Rude". I checked there website hoping the had instructions posted, No luck!!, it's still said the PA-20 was going to be released soon.. Hmmm

So I wrote there Tech Support, 4 days later I was told the dealer should have given me the book with the unit and to talk to them. I wrote back again took 2 tries and said they said the unit was so new it didn't have a book at the time, 2 days later I got a reply saying who did you buy them from, I replyed, 2 days later it said work with them to get the book!!

I wrote back saying, I don't understand why it's so hard for you to send me a pdf or a link to the information, I guess I will return the unit, and the reply was contact our main office. The main office told me they don't even have books for that unit yet it's to new. (Wth) I wasted how many days in email.

They then told me if it's not working right he will need the following: Serial number, firmware version (which is a sticker on the unit) and the dip switch settings, My reply was the unit is behind the dash and they will have to take it a part to do that, he says then thats what you have to do call me when you have the info.

OK, review given make up your own mind, but I am going to get another company unit installed now and that junk out!! US Spec needs to be named US disrespect to it's customers. I mean the unit was just released and they dont know the firmware version? Nice!!

Dil