1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

US > UK Shipping

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mjolinor, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mjolinor

Mjolinor New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    I have a problem. (some would say I have several problems but best not to go into that)

A few years ago, 2005 or so, I was working for a company in Boston and we were doing a lot of work in Allentown. I have a friend who lives in Allentown and expected to spend some time there so I bought a Harley (Sportster, in bits). As it happens I changed jobs and haven't been to Allentown since shortly after I bought the bike.

It isn't a complete bike, it's a rolling chassis and a different engine but the engine is now in the frame though the bike doesn't go. The correct way to export it is as cycle parts and I have the title docs for the frame. There are a few other bits not attached to anything that need to ship as well, mufflers, screen etc.

I have looked at lots of options for getting it to the UK and all of them seem to need me to re-mortgage my house, totally ridiculous prices for packing and shipping. My friend can get the thing to Newark with his SUV and a trailer but I am trying to remove as much burden from him as I can so asking him to package it is a bit much.

Do any members live in this area and have any experience in this field, does anyone have a wooden crate lying about that will take the thing, it isn't a problem taking wheels off or whatever to make it fit, is there anyone works in this area that can suggest cheap export agents in the US.

At the UK end I can get it picked up from anywhere in the country no problem or it can be delivered directly home.

Input/suggestions gratefully accepted particularly if you own a cargo ship doing the UK US run.