1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB Folder/Artist Sort Order

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by carlosfpr, Jul 19, 2013.

1. carlosfpr

carlosfpr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello everybody,

I've been trying to figure out how the hell the Prius sort the folders or artists on the USB.

I tried to add a number at the beginning of the folder (001-Artist X, etc...) to control the order, but the Prius sort it in a strange way.

Does somebody knows how to control the sort order?

Thank you!

Carlos

2. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The answer is not very well... I think I am one of the few that stills prefer to listen to an album the way the artist intended.

Here's a thread that may help. I haven't had the time to follow the suggestions though.
    Playlists on USB thumb drives | Page 3 | PriusChat

3. BillyBuerger

BillyBuerger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Yeah, this was one of the first things I had to figure out when I got my Prius. Short answer is it lists/plays the files as they are found on the drive. So in general, all new files will always be at the bottom. I found DriveSort works pretty well to deal with this issue.

I'm still bummed that it doesn't support nested folders. So you can't do \Artist\Album\Tracks. It basically treats all folders at playlists. Makes it really hard to organize music.