1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB / i-pod touch connection problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Portised, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Portised

Portised New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi I live in UK and have a new 3 week old Toyota Prius T-Spirit. This is the top of the range model in UK with full touch screen navigation etc. When the car was delivered the option of USB / i-pod connection was forgotten to be fitted by the dealer. I just had that fitted on Friday and am now wondering what it is supposed to be! I have the latest gen i-pod 32gb touch all fully up-to-date with latest apple i-pod software and full up with songs. When I plug it in to the USB port it connects thru the cd changer function on the touch screen audio page - why on earth should it do that? Where is the i-pod tab? It plays music fine and charges OK, but no track names, album info or artist information is displayed. To listen to the i-pod you have to select disc 1 of the cd-changer option tab on the screen - how bizzare? Then you have the choice of three playlists or looking at 99 albums, but without the album / track / artist info it is useless. The manual that was supplied with it by Toyota is complete rubbish. I notice on this forum for US market you have USB tab on audio screen and i-pod seems to work better with search option menus etc.? I am wondering if anyone else in the UK / Europe has had same issues or in the UK I have purchased the expensive Toyota white elephant i-pod option, because like this I may of well used aux socket and the i-pod option is just a waste of time. For the money I was expecting full on i-pod integration. Any info would be of help. Thanks from a newbie (be gentle).

2. Badass

Badass Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Portised, I've got this exact same problem and there are other threads running about it too, please see under my post history.

In the UK (and possibly the rest of Europe) we appear to running an inferior flavour of iPod integration than our US friends. Am not happy about this!