1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

usb interface kit cost to install Gen III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Scotdvd, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Scotdvd

Scotdvd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would like to install the USB kit in my Prius Gen III I have Nav.
    The dealer said it would cost $580 for kit and installation.
    What are other dealers charging?
    What happens to the warranty if I buy the kit online through this site and take it to an independent to install.
    Also will the dealer install the kit if I buy online and take it to them?
    Will that still keep it all under warranty.
    I would appreciate input.
    $200 for the unit and about another $150 for installation sounds far more acceptable than the price quoted by the dealer.

2. eaglesight333

eaglesight333 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What your dealer quoted you sounds very high. $200 for unit is about right, but the $150 seems high. There have been instructions posted on the forums, and it doesnt look like it should take too long. So, I think the $150 is too high

3. xanmato

xanmato Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I would save that money and DIY. It is seriously really easy and will take about 30 minutes. I swear the hardest part is removing a bolt cover piece under the arm rest.

4. Scotdvd

Scotdvd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had difficulty putting on the license plates so I think I shall pass on DIY.
    However, if I have the instructions for installation then I can find someone who is not mechanically challenged to do the job.
    Do you have the instructions for installation?
    Thanks

5. priusagent

priusagent New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Not sure, the salesman said that my Pkg 5 had it, showed up without it and I bought the part ($240) and made them install it for free ... looking at the invoice though I believe that the normal charge was around $100, that is what they deducted so that I only paid for the part.