1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB Port no responding

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by blueshore, Sep 11, 2012.

1. blueshore

blueshore New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hi! I was trying to use the USB port with a SanDisk Cruzer drive and for some reason the USB port did not recognize it. I also tried with an iPhone and iPod to no avail. I notice that when I plug a USB device and power on the Prius, it powers the port for a few seconds and then went off. My best guess is that either there is some issue with the plug, wiring harness or the physical port on the system.

Does anyone had a similar situation? Thanks.

2. blueshore

blueshore New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    After a couple of calls, It seen that I might need to take my car to service to check the port. I'll posts the ending results in a couple of days.

3. amitrajput

amitrajput New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    May be there is hardware internal problem.The bus is not connected with the USB port.

4. blueshore

blueshore New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    From my initial tests, when I power on the car, the USB did power on and try to find out the attach device, but hten it stops providing power. Since I do not have a way to query the USB via the MDF (anyone knows how to get to that screen?) I can only guess that (1) the infamous USB fuse went dead [most unlikely], (2) there is a USB disable feature that went on to protect the port [my best bet], (3) a cable is loose [I could be, thanks to our local highway administration], or (4) some internal USB controller is damage [which is why I have an EW, just in case]. I set a visit for this Friday to get service.

5. blueshore

blueshore New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Went to my local Toyota Dealer. I was able to see the diagrams. It seems that the expansion module has two USB ports, and one of them is a powered one (guess the other one might be unpowered). The tech just swith ports and presto! :)
    Next stop: a 64 GB USB drive, the audio ripper and some CDs :D