1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB Port won't recognize MP3 Player

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by detroitandroid, Sep 13, 2009.

1. detroitandroid

detroitandroid New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I have a brand new (purchased two weeks ago) Prius IV that came pre-equipped with a USB port in the front seat arm rest. I've tried both my iPod mini and Blackberry Storm and the Navigation system doesn't recognize either device. The USB tab stays greyed out. In addition, both devices show that they are charging when I plug into the USB port. However, the iPod shows the do not disconnect message so I can't select songs to play. I've heard other cars with this type of problem you need to install some sort of exe (firmware update) from a thumb drive to fix. Any thoughts on how to rectify this?

Thanks.

detroitandroid

2. alanmo

alanmo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am having this same problem and it is very frustrating. If someone knows how this can be fixed, please let us know.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is the vehicle moving or stationary at the time?

Tom

4. Dark_matter_doesn't

Dark_matter_doesn't Prius Tinkerer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Look at the DVD or the Sat Radio tabs with the iPod attached. You may see the iPod content displayed, but it may take 30 sec or do the first time.

5. pro101

pro101 The best car, is no car.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just got a IV with a USB port, and have a 80GB IPOD (original, 5th generation I think). I plugged it in while the car was off. Turned on the car, went through the touchscreen (Navigation) interface to the tab called "USB". It recognized it without any problem. Try this, you may also update your Ipod firmware to the latest through itunes and double check your connector cable.

I hope it works for you.

6. reverai

reverai New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It does seem there are some Prius 2010 that seem to some issues and others that work fine. I have a friend who has the USB in her Prius and it worked fine with a first generation Itouch and a second generation Nano. The interface is rather clunky but it worked. Perhaps, a visit to a toyota dealer might clear this up the problem.

Steve