1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB song order

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by RocMills, May 28, 2013.

1. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I seem to recall this was discussed elsewhere, but I seem to have lost track of the thread.

I have a C2 so no Entune or other fancy stuff, but I do have a USB drive which I use to store and play my MP3s.

I've gotten used to the fact that the player does not recognize folders on the USB, but I am terribly frustrated by the song order which appears to be random or something entirely useless.

So my question is how do I get the stereo/MP3 player to order the songs alpha by name?

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It plays them by order loaded on the USB device... if you want them alphabetically you will have to put them alphabetically on your computer and then load them all at once in that order.

3. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So... insert USB into computer, CUT songs off USB and paste into computer, move songs back to USB in the order I want them to play?

Good grief, I'm sure glad I'm only talking about one custom album... otherwise it would take me a lifetime to correct 16 gig of music!

4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You need to cut them from the USB and paste onto computer. Right click the folder and sort by alphabetical, then move back to the USB. :) That will take care of it for you.

But yes... this is a pain... the HU should do that for you.

5. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Right, that's more or less what I said. Cut, paste, cut, paste. For this particular "album" I'll wait a bit as I need to confirm the proper order of the soundtrack. Thanks!

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Right... I was just re-iterating the sorting part.

7. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, Ztanos! When I finally remember to take the USB out of the car to resort, I will update you on the results. Appreciate the assistance!

ztanos likes this.