1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

USB tab grayed out for iPod almost every time I turn on the car

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by hina, Aug 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. hina

hina Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

I have a 2010 Prius. It has a touch screen, GPS, backup camera, and leather seats. I'm not too sure what I/II/III/IV/V Prius that is.

I have an issue with the USB port. It works, but whenever I plug in my iPod into the charger, the USB tab under Audio is grayed out. Nearly every time I start my car, this is the case. I can also see that my iPod is not charging. I am using the original OEM cable that came with my iPod. I even bought a new OEM cable ($28!!) just to see if this problem would go away. It is still happening!

I have other issues too, but my main issue is that the USB tab is grayed out, iPod is not charging. I know that the USB port works. If I unplug and replug in the USB cable into the port, it will work again.

I usually leave my iPod in my car in the glovebox, but sometimes take it and the cable out and these issues still persist, whether I leave it plugged in before or turning off the car as well.

Other issues:

1.) Sometimes my iPod restarts to the very beginning of the song list when I turn on the car.
    2.) When I go to Audio > USB > Menu for the songlist, it automatically goes to the top and plays the first song on the screen for every time I press the down or up arrow for the next several songs.

I have never had my iPod disconnect while driving, but I've heard that happen to other owners.

I also have not tested the USB port with a normal Micro-A cable for regular non-Apple cell phones, but I will try that with my Samsung phone and see if it does the same thing.

Can anyone relate or offer a solution besides unplug and replug the cable every time I start the car?

(I like using the up/down controls which is why I have to use USB and not AUX port).

Thanks!!