1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Use of HOV sticker registered for another car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Nettie, May 9, 2006.

1. Nettie

Nettie New Member

Has anyone experience with using a sticker that was originally purchased for another Prius (lets say you get one from another person who doesn't use them because they are ugly..) ?
    Is that illegal ? I don't want to risk a ticket ....

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm pretty sure the HOV stickers are tied in to the VIN and license plate # of the vehicle itself. So long as you let the DMV know of the change of ownership, you should be able to use the stickers with no problem. Did the prior owner also give you the HOV sticker paperwork with the certificate #??

3. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ur suppose 2 carry this big white paper, that shows ur model, year, and licence plate number, forgot if theres vin number on it, but i definitely fill it out when applyin for one

4. mgmb

mgmb Junior Member

The stickers are tied to the VIN number of your car. You are required to keep the white card that comes with the stickers in your car and "present it to any peace office upon demand".

5. J.Wilkie

J.Wilkie 80 Mile Daily Commute

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yeah you could get a citation. They are serialized just like the year stickers on your plates....