1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Use voice command button for EV mod?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Marlin, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So I've been reading the threads about using the headlight flash switch for the EV mod and was considering doing it this weekend. But, I don't really like the fact that it means that the high beams will flash when I engage EV.

So, as I was driving home today, I noticed that Voice Command button on the steering wheel. The voice commands have got to be the most useless feature of the Prius, and I never use them.

So, could the voice command button be used to engage EV? Odds are that the button simply grounds some wire going through some connector when you push it. It would just require figuring out which wire and use it instead of the headlight flash wire.

Any thoughts?

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yeah. I had a dream of having that for the EV switch. Not like you suggested, BTW. I mean pressing the button and saying, "EV Mode On." and then get the reply "Displaying Banks." :D

It may be hard to figure out the wires and how hard would they be to get to? Other than that, that's an idea.

3. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, the wire(s) have to go through some connector that would be in the steering column (just like the flasher stalk wires do). Someone with the tech manuals should be able to identify it.

I might have to finally download those tech manuals.