1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Used 2009 Prius 67,000 miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mahlerosa, Jan 9, 2013.

1. mahlerosa

mahlerosa New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My second choice is the above car. Of course it is more $$ of course! Good part private party, no sales tax in Nevada. Bad it is 100 miles away and I can't find a mechanic in the small town that repairs hybrids to do a complete inspection. Ran carfax..nothing look suspicious. Expect it was owned my a corporation and he said it was his sisters. Maybe a company car? I am kind of concerned that there is not service that has been performed since then.
    Any thoughts? Thnx! Michelle

Attached Files:

2. SteveLee

SteveLee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Posting your full name and address on the service record is not a good idea.

It looks like it was services well for 41,000 miles. Checking the fluid levels, colors, and clarity may help. Ask about service since then, when, where and any records or receipts. Looking for anything amiss, leaks, unusual sounds while idling, look for warning lights when placing in READY. Feel and sound when driving. An experienced Prius owner in the area may be willing to look it over. But frankly, with that mileage if there is nothing obviously amiss I would think it was ok. Ask if the auxiliary has ever been replaced and when. It should be ok for another year or two. Look for even wear on the tires. Look for leaks under the engine compartment. A general mechanic could look it over for most of this stuff.

The mileage/year indicates 22,300 miles a year, a little more than average. That may indicate more highway use. That's probably good. From my perspective 67,000 is low looking at the expected life of the Prius. I purchased mine with 96,000 miles and would not have worried about 120,000 miles. I expect mine to last well over 200,000 miles.

3. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah Michelle, pls delete that file (for your own protection). You never know what kind of crazy person is on here. Not that we have a lot of crazees here but, you just never know.

I like the 06 better b/c it has been babied and its probably cheaper. but, of course we don't know what the car looks like but both appear to be mechanically sound.

If this is from a dealer, haggle on service for the 06 (ie sparkplugs, fluids etc.)

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Did you say crazy person?

I agree, it's the same generation, if you don't plan on ever reselling there's no reason to not go for the 06. Unless one has a package you prefer.

Alan.. Sent with Tapatalk 2