1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Used 2010 solar roof / AC question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by coorsleftfield, May 28, 2013.

1. coorsleftfield

coorsleftfield New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Three
    I'm looking at buying a used 2010 with the solar roof. My local dealer (sales mgr) says the fan turns off if the temp gets over 103 degrees so the option is worthless here in Phoenix. I've never heard this, and it doesn't make any sense to me, can anyone confirm/deny that the circulation fan runs on 103 + degree days?

Also they only have one key fob for the car, and it does not have the A/C button. Don't all 2010 models with the solar roof have remote AC?

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Your dealer is wrong (as usual). The only time the solar fan stops working is when it's very cloudy or dark or the HVAC temp setting is higher than ambient air temp. Yes, the FOB should have a remote a/c button.

After you negotiate your final price, add in two functioning remotes and don't sign papers till they produce two proven working units or have it in very specific writing they will provide programmed OEM replacements. They are VERY expensive to buy and program.

wotcher likes this.
  3. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    good advice

4. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Absolutely, positively. One fob without the AC remote should be a deal breaker.

5. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    A lot of car salesmen don't really know the product they are selling. And a solar pkg key fob with no AC button? Sounds like they may have mixed up the key, or its not the original key.

6. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four