1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Used car check Sheet

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by larry9901, Jan 21, 2010.

1. larry9901

larry9901 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I have searched but not found what I was looking for.

In the next day or so I am going to look and probably purchase a used 06 Prius PKg.7 with 37,000 miles on it. Its a one owner car, clean carfax, no accidents or major service history.

My question is, does or has anyone compiled a check list on the things to look for that pertains to these cars?

thanks,
    Larry

2. KLear

KLear New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello

I just bought a used 2007 Prius that was certified. I was able to see the checklist of items checked by the service department of the Toyota dealer. You can check Toyota.com and check out their certified preowned site to get an idea of what should be checked: Used Toyota Cars, Trucks and Vans at Toyota Certified Used Dealers ? Toyota.com Other car sites may have similiar info. What type of dealer are buying from?

3. larry9901

larry9901 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The car in question is at a mercedes dealer. Its there as the original owner traded it in for a new mercedes.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Go to http://www.toyotaownersonline.com/index.html, register the VIN & review the dealers' service history.

5. larry9901

larry9901 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks I think I will just print the 160 point check sheet and use that.
    Do you guys think the dealer selling the car will think I am nuts?:rolleyes:

6. KLear

KLear New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are a valued customer and should present the checklist. If the dealership thinks you're nuts, how do you think the rest of the deal will go? Every dealer has a similiar checklist, so there may not be much difference between the lists. But you're proably worrying about the hybrid components. Is the Merc dealer affiliated with a Toyota dealership? If so, ask if it has, or could be, evaluated there. If you're serious about the car, and they are not affiliated with Toyota, you can have it reviewed by a Toyota dealer for about $200 - 300.

7. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The most important item is KLear's: have it thoroughly inspected by a Toyota dealer.