1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. TheProgrammerGuy

TheProgrammerGuy New Member

For those of you that change your own oil, how do you dispose of the old oil? I was about to change mine and realized I can't just throw it in the ditch.

2. prius04

prius04 New Member

3. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I save used oil in 5 Liter containers, then take it to the nearest auto parts dealer (Kragen) for recycling. There is no charge. I keep the containers.

Oil recycling places request there be no contaminants such as antifreeze or other liquids. Sometimes I am asked to fill out a form with name, address, zip code, quantity of oil recycled and brand of oil. Usually the auto parts folks just recycle the oil.

I drain the oil out of the oil filter then put the filter in our local city recycling bin that is picked up once each week.

4. popoff

popoff New Member

Neat site!

I take my oil to my local Advance Auto Parts. No hassle, just walk in, dump it in a big tank, and walk out. Looks like you've got quite a few of them in Albany as well as quite a few other options.