1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Used Optima Yellow Top D51 for 04-09 Prius w/kit

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by TheForce, Jan 22, 2010.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have an Optima Yellow Top D51 which was purchased in September 2008.

I thought this battery was dying since it was sitting at 11.5v while in the car. Well I purchased another one since this one is out of warranty. Well the new battery is doing the same thing sitting at about 11.5v. So I think my problem is that I don't drive my car long enough to charge the battery. My car sits 23 hours a day.

So now that I found out why this battery was sitting at 11.5v I have charged it with a BatteryMinder for a month to charge and desulfate the battery. I have now let it set for a week off the charger. Its setting at 12.92v which should mean its about 90% or more charged.

Today I ran a stress test on it to see if it still should act like new. I hooked it up to my large UPS and let it power my PC. My PC was drawing about 200 watts on average. The battery lasted for 62 minutes and cut off at 10.25v due to the UPS. By my calculations with the Peukert effect that got me to about 75-80% capacity.

So to make a long story short this battery should be "like new" condition.

The only problem I have with selling this battery is shipping. I don't have anything to ship it in and the shipping cost would be a lot since its a heavy LEAD battery.

So I'm hoping that I could sell it to someone local. Maybe even meet somewhere close by.

I think I have everything to install it in a 2004-2006 Prius. All the nuts and bolts, negative wire, and tubing that came with the elearn aid kit. I'm pretty sure its all there. Might even be a few extra bolts. The box I had also had parts from other projects in it. I looked at the instructions from elearn aid and it looks to all be there.

So now my question is, is there anyone willing to buy this battery that is near Portsmouth Ohio? I'll sell it for 80$. I'll only take cash. Again I have no way to ship it currently. If I find something to ship it in I will update this post.

2. KCobby

KCobby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    DOH! I just purchased a new one from elearnaid...oh well.

FWIW, they shipped the battery in a large flat rate box from the USPS. Added padding here and there and off it goes - as they say, "if it fits, it ships."

Free bump for a great price. Good luck with the sale.

:thumb:

3. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    lol i put the big bad beefy boy in mine yellow top from the auto store.. LOL

4. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's Y it didn't fit right,right?

5. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well guess what I found?

I found my shipping box that the battery came in with the packing foam. :D

The box is still in pretty good shape and I think it can make it through another shipment. Just need to add some tape around the edges.

Since this is a flat rate box for $13.95 I will ship it now for a total of $93.95.

I'll take a check but I'll have to make sure the check clears first before I will ship it.

I'll take paypal only as a last resort because they take a small percentage away from any money I receive.

PM me if your interested and I will give you my payment address.

Also I'm still pretty sure all the parts are there from the elearn aid kit. I will be giving you everything I have including some stuff I think came off the original Prius battery. I will also include the elearn aid instructions.

6. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Optima battery is now sold.