1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Used prius at rent a car

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by browercreed, Jun 23, 2008.

1. browercreed

browercreed New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If anyone wants to buy a used prius - usually base model - I was told Enterprise sells theirs after about 29,000 miles.

2. kscableguy

kscableguy Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    they sell them after a year of use.

3. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't know what the story is now, but back in 2004 & 2005 all the Priuses that Enterprise had in CT were on a buyback program with Toyota which meant that Enterprise could NOT sell them through their used car sales locations to individuals, but had to return them to Toyota to be auctioned off to their dealers. You might want to ask Enterprise if they still have to return them to Toyota so you don't wait around for one that they can't sell to you (I got stuck like that until somebody finally told me about the buyback). That's probably how Hoffman Toyota in Avon,CT just got the 55 used 2007 Priuses they want to sell at ridiculously high prices. A few other makes also have the same kind of buyback program too.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

4. nissanaltimacrazyhorse

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    nope this is true, went to enterprise today because my fj was in the shop and they had a 07 for sale 28k for 17500. It was the base model though./

5. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    nissanaltimacrazyhorse,

Boy, that's a mouthful. I should have just called you N.A.C.H for short. Do you have a shorter nickname?

Sheesh, can you put a $ sign before one of your numbers? I don't know if you mean $28k for 17,500 miles, or 28k miles on a car for sale for $17,500. Since it is a base unit, I would like to see the latter be true. But the way the 55 ex-rentals at Hoffman's in Avon, CT are priced (& what I saw for some base units at Hartford Toyota Superstore a couple of years ago), I suspect it really is the former ($28k with 17,500 miles). For a used base unit with that many miles on it, it's pure robbery if it's really at $28k. Gee, they bought it cheap, made money on it from the rentals, then turned around & sold it for a steep profit (way above what they paid for it new). Not too many cars you can do that with!!

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

6. 4G63

4G63 I quit boosting

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    if true, thats a bargain! it will be gone in no time

7. priusisourfamilygashog

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hoffman Toyota bought out a fleet of rental car's Prius and are selling them for around $28K each. with from 15K to 25K miles (rip off)

8. browercreed

browercreed New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    They offered me a 2007 base model with 29,000 for $19,000, but since I keep
    my cars quite a while I wanted leather and a few amenities.