1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

used Prius due diligence - navigation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gjertsen, Feb 27, 2009.

1. gjertsen

gjertsen Junior Member

Prius owner here looking to replace the other car with... well, maybe another Prius! Can't really get excited about anything else. Anyway, one I'm looking at is 2006 and loaded with everything (nav system, leather).

1. The dealer is telling me that it's a 1226 - Touring, even though I don't think the Touring trim was introduced until 2007. He says that Toyota's website showed or shows that it was possible to get a touring model in 2006, but I haven't found that. Anyone else know? Is there an easy way to see when inspecting the car if it is indeed a Touring model? Is there any way to tell this, or any other information, from the VIN?

2. I'm not too familiar with the navigation system, but I've read others gripe about the $$ of updating the system with expensive DVDs. Is there an easy way to tell how up-to-date the system is? What's the most up-to-date version? I figure the dealership might be able to update it as I bargain the price of the vehicle.

3. My last experience with leather seats in a car in Florida was that it was thin and got dried and cracked pretty quickly in the heat. We conditioned it a few times but probably could have been more diligent. Anyone have a good recommendation on easy-to-use products and especially frequency of application for keeping leather seats nice?

Thanks!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The touring model was available in 2006.

NAV version number can be read from the NAV screen on the MFD. You can compare that against the current version on this forum.

I have no experience with the leather seats. They are really leather trimmed, as are most "leather" seats these days.

Tom

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The easiest way is to look for the larger rear spoiler and 16" wheels.

4. Picasso Moon

Picasso Moon Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I could have sworn the Touring wasn't available until the 2007 MY. When I took delivery of my 2006 that summer I distinctly remember seeing the posts here in anticipation of the upcoming touring edition that was to be available in for 2007. Also, I still have the 2006 e-brouchure downloaded in May 2006 and it makes no mention of a Touring model or 1226. The 1224 model is all that it has.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Touring debuted in 2007 as per my printed booklets. Not sure if the dealer is ignorant or sleazy. Maybe both. My inclination is to run away when the BS meter goes off. What else is he lying about?

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The touring may have debuted for the 2007 model year, but they started selling them in 2006, much as the 2010 will begin selling in 2009. Are we talking model year or calendar year?

Tom

7. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The following attachment documents that Touring first became available in the 2007 model year. However that document is silent regarding suspension changes.

Attached Files: