1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Uses For Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mtc1234, May 8, 2005.

1. mtc1234

mtc1234 New Member

I'm wondering what unique aspects people have found with their Prius that have provided particular benefits to hobbies/endeavors.

Yesterday, my wife and I took the Prius to a local wildlife refuge to do some birding (aka birdwatching). The refuge has a series of roads going through various habitats. We generally lower our windows and cruise along slowly, then stop when we hear something interesting or want to get out and look around.

Well, the Prius was exceptional. With the windows down, we cruise around mostly on electric only. When the ICE turned on, it was still very quiet. For quick extra-vehicle excursions, I put the Prius in park. Other than the 2 or three beeps on shutting the door, it was very quiet and accomodating.

It was amazing! (We saw/heard about 45 species - not bad for two hours.)

2. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

When taking the boy to the Golf Club, I have to go through the links until I reach the range. The speed limit is 30km/h and I set the EV on. Nobody seems to be bothered by the noise of the car (what noise :))