1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

using in car phone book

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by berkley, Apr 24, 2006.

1. berkley

berkley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Gang!:

anyone know how to use your phone book while driving?? it is useable at a full stop but you can only use "one-touch-phone #'s" when car is in motion...

I tried the same method we use for GPS by-pass, but it doesn't effect the phonebook....

know any "shortcuts" to bypass this "safety factor"

thanks......

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Coastal Tech used to sell something that went with their NAV Enhancement kit, but not lately. I think there's a hardwired method, but I don't know where that is.

I put the numbers I need to call in the POI area of the NAV system. They can be dialed while the car is in motion (as long the override is done).

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We're still waiting for someone to stumble across the Navigation/Bluetooth override on the 2006's. The trusty 2004-2005 override doesn't work on the 06's.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can cut and put in a switch to the speed sensor wire behind the air vent to the right of the MFD I can hunt up the details of the process if this is something you're willing to do. The speed sensor wires for the NAV and the BT are seperate.

5. YBLee

YBLee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Evan, If the wire is cut/switched, does that also allow full use of the Nav system as well, kinda like a nornal Garmin GPS? I would like full functionality of everything while in motion.
    Thx in advance,