1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Using MDF display with a computer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by getoutside, Aug 21, 2006.

1. getoutside

getoutside New Member

I will be purchasing a 2006 Prius with package #3. I want to add an aftermarket solution utilizing the MFD display (a computer driven nav system, music playback and maybe a code reader.) My questions are the following:

• If the car is purchased without the nav/bluetooth option, does the screen have touchscreen capabilities that can be used given the proper hardware interface.
    • The Can-view site mentions that the display on the basic 2006 Prius is the older style, therefore their product would still be compatible with this display. Would I have this style of display automatically by not getting the nav option?
    • Is there an aftermarket alternative that would interface between the Audio system, and a Bluetooth receiver thereby enabling Bluetooth phone capabilities over the audio sytemwith control on the mdf?

Thanks for any help