1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Using My Room Mode with completed charge

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusPrimetime, Aug 31, 2023.

1. PriusPrimetime

PriusPrimetime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Question regarding My Room Mode:

This feature can be enabled when plugged in and charging. What happens when you are using My Room Mode and the car hits 100%? Does it automatically disable My Room Mode? Does it keep My Room Mode on, but stop the charge, so accessories start drawing power from the traction battery? Or does it keep the car at 100%, and keep drawing accessory power from the cable as long as its plugged in and My Room Mode is enabled?

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    what does the manual say . . . . . . .

AndersOne likes this.
  3. PriusPrimetime

PriusPrimetime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Poorly translated manual is vague... it says "traction battery MAY be used when at 100%"... not a definite thing.

4. Paul Gregory

Paul Gregory Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I've used Room Mode while charging, and it shows a bar graph on the screen depicting the portion of charge power going to the battery vs. the amount being consumed by the climate controls and the audio. I don't think it shuts off when the battery reaches 100%, it will probably use the charging power to maintain interior consumption. This is a welcome change from my Gen 3 which shut off the car after a few minutes while charging. Not bad in the summer, but it was impossible to stay in the car while it was charging in winter.