1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Using new (5th gen) iPod Touch: opinions, please

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by davide, Nov 25, 2012.

1. davide

davide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I've never had an iPod before, but I'm looking at buying the new iPod Touch, mainly to play music in my Prius c Two (no Entune). For those who have this 5th-generation iPod Touch, have you been able to use Siri in the car? Amazon's product description says: "Siri can check the weather, give you directions, or text a friend, all from the direction of your voice." Have you been able to do this?

2. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Siri would work, but only with internet connection. So unless you are using wireless hotspot from your phone or something, she won't work in your car. I use Siri a lot with my iPhone 5, and I can vouch it does work through the Bluetooth. I have a C2 as well.

3. Stuke00

Stuke00 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    With my iPhone 5 Siri works great. Only time I have issue is if I am using spotify then it has issues.

4. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If it's mostly music you're after, why not just a flash drive? I keep a number of different sized flash drives, each with a different flavor of music, in the car for those times when the radio can't seem to play anything I like. :)

Rob.au likes this.
  5. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I'm probably going to have to go with the flash drive suggestion. I've been playing music via Bluetooth but that essentially means I have to play an album or prepared playlist then it's done. After that I can press play again but then it goes 100% random off the entire iPhone which has been, uh, interesting. Unfortunately our audio's implementation of iPhone USB connectivity is slightly buggy so it's fairly discouraging.

We're not allowed to touch our phones while in the car, unless it's attached to the car with a commercially available bracket. It's been like this for a long time but they've just recently "clarified the wording" of the law and are having a huge blitz on it. Unless you're actually parked then there is no touching of the phone. I used to not mind a sneaky album change while waiting at a red light but now my phone stays in my pocket out of reach.

6. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I already/always have done the no-touching-phone while driving. If I know I'm going to make a call enroute, I dial the phone whilst still parked. In a pinch, I'll wait for a red light. I figure there are already enough distractions while driving, trying to dial a phone seems unnecessarily dangerous. On the other hand, if I could figure out how to make the phone menu work in the car... lol.

7. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Ah, before the c I never would use the phone for calls in the car at all unless parked (with the c I'm okay with the built-in Bluetooth hands free and voice control). I was previously okay with checking text messages if fully stopped at a red light with handbrake on, but now that's out. So it has kind of reversed!

RocMills likes this.
  8. Gronos

Gronos New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I've connected the 5th gen iPod touch via bluetooth and it works, but the folder controls don't work. One has to change folders on the device itself. I find this awkward and wish Toyota would fix this bluetooth implementation.