1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Using Virtual Reality to train drivers

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by raspy, Sep 8, 2016.

1. raspy

raspy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some of you may remember I made a comment on my post about my first experience of using DRCC that I wish the dealer or Toyota themselves had given me a practical training session showing me all the brand new capabilities with regard to Toyota Safety Sense before I actually tried the features myself on the open road in traffic.

It seems that Audi understand that need, and has developed a Virtual Training Car, which demonstrates their Pre Sense City feature to show how the car would respond if a virtual pedestrian walked in front of your car. Alas, it only seems to be for use in training Audi salespeople, at the moment.

VR goggles and giant touchscreen tables: How Audi explains new car technology | Ars Technica

2. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Didn't Toyota once require new Prius owners to attend a class on how to operate the car? I was surprised that I got all of two minutes with my sales representative. It was the end of her day and she needed to get home to her kids. I get that and I don't mind because I'm the type of person that will read the manual, search online sites, and do a bit of safe testing on my own. It's fun. But I know most people won't do that. I don't blame them.

Even after I took delivery of the car and read the instructions, I still have learned a few things. Use of the safety features is a pretty important to understand completely.

RCO and alanclarkeau like this.