1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

UV/Compass mirror Install HELP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mee081224, Aug 27, 2006.

1. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I NEED MAJOR HELP, I am installing this aftermarket mirror i just got and in the middle of installing, does anyone have an easy way of completing this job, i really dont want to start pulling stuff out, i thought there would of been a hook up for the upgraded mirror, HELP....like asap, i am doing this install, RIGHT NOW

2. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am getting farther on this project, i didnt get the toyota homelink mirror. I bought an aftermarket mirror, and all i need is a engine on wire. I figured i can splice into the cabins light for power and ground i just need an ignition on wire, as to not kill the battery, anyone know any near the roof. Either it be in the back or a panel

3. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you find an "Ignition On" wire up there let us all know - I would use it to power my GPS and get rid of the extra cord hanging down.

4. mee081224

mee081224 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wasnt able to find anything up there in the roof, but I got this long set of wires to run for the mirror, so what i did was run this wire from the passenger side floor through the side molding right above the side air bags, and went through the roof. My idea is to use the acc on wire, that is being fed to the 12V dc outlet, and using darrellD's site to create an always on outlet, and use the ground, always on, and acc on wire to hook up my compass mirror. Right now i have it ghetto rigged into the plug outlet, I will actually need to follw darrells instructions to get the always on. it tooke me about 30 mins to get the side panel off and run the wiring and connect it to other wiring, to not intrede the air bags.