1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

v five question - foot lighting

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by ImeanGreen, Feb 9, 2013.

1. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Does the foot lighting come on at the same time as the dome lights with the five trim model when you approach the vehicle? Forgot to check it out at the dealership today. Planning to get a v and install the JDM turn signal mirrors.

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Comes on brightly and dims to lower level and stays on in our 2012 v Five.

3. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My wife's 2012 Prius v Five/ATP doesn't seem to have lamps in the footwells - at least none light up and I didn't see any when I crawl into the footwell with a flashlight to look. It does however have puddle lamps at the bottom of the door panels that light up when the doors are opened. Maybe footwell lights were added for 2013?

No interior lights turn on when I approach the car - unless you really mean after using the unlock button on the remote which causes the dome lamp to light. I've used the keyless remote only twice - the day my wife bought the car last summer to see if the side windows rolled down when the unlock button is pressed continuously (they do not) and today when I experimented after reading this thread. I'm surprised the windows can't be rolled down with the remote as on many other vehicles made by Toyota - nice feature on a hot summer day.

Otherwise, we both leave the remotes in pockets/purses and lock/unlock the doors only by using the sensors on the door handles.

I installed Scion IQ mirror covers and mirror turn signals shortly after the car purchase as discussed in a thread I started on this forum. My wife has trashed a few passenger side exterior mirrors on parking garage pillars, etc. over the years including the one on her new "v" shortly after buying it. The last thing I want to do is to have to chase down a matching replacement JDM mirror and wait weeks/months when this happens - would rather bop down to the nearby Scion dealer and buy the parts off the shelf.

4. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You may not have noticed it(specially in day time) but the dome lights turn on when you get into the sensor's range. Pretty standard with the prius-got the package 2 regular prius and should not be surprised with the V model.

5. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    OK, I just read the manual and see that having the interior lamps (including footwell lamps) light up when approaching the car is a dealer customizable (on/off) setting. I'm guessing that a dealer mechanic inadvertently set it to "Off" when we asked why DRL didn't work. The owners manuals seemed to indicate that the car had DRL, the dealer service writer thought the car had DRL and had a mechanic "played" with the settings until it was determined that the car really didn't have DRL.

The car's going the the dealer next week for it's first (i.e. 6-month) service. I assume we can have the interior lamp settings returned to their defaults during that service.

Chazz8 likes this.