1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

V for Vendetta...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Great movie! I'm sure the folks that lean to the left will REALLY appreciate it, and draw numerous parallels to the current administration... :rolleyes:

2. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just saw this movis last night, personally I thought I was truly one of the BEST films I have ever seen... It was definitely worth the $11.00 ticket... I will definitely be getting this when it coems out on DVD!!! Although my personal attachement to this movie may differ from others as I spent 12 weeks in london British... :D

3. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

OK film IMHO. I am dissapointed that the adoptation of Moore's "classic" has been so bastardized into a rather Hollywoodesque script. Not that it matters, but I have never found Wachowskis' films aesthetically appealing. I guess I am not being sensitive to their directing style, and McTeigue being an assistant director on Wachowskis' previous films clearly defines the aesthetical spill over in this movie.
    The narrative certainly has some Marxist connotations, so what. Any literary story that might touch upon grass roots could be classified as such.
    Are you saying that anyone who finds Dostoyevsky as a great writer is a commie?
    I guess since I didn't appreciate this film, I must be a right-winger. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

:rolleyes:

For chrissakes, it's ONLY a hollywood movie.... :lol:

Edit: notwithstanding, I do thank you for your contribution, as it was a fun read! :D

Oh yeah, and for all the guys out there, there's a scene where Natalie Portman is wearing this school-girlesque outfit, hotttttt... Too bad it lasts for only a few seconds... :ph34r:

5. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am thinking about seeing it this weekend, even thought I am a staunch rightwinger. The action looks interesting and the ideas it brings up at least get you thinking (I did enjoy 1984 and Equilibrium).

I think a lot of people are trying to phrase it as an antiBush, Hollywood leftist movie, but with the book being written over 10 years, not unless the writers are psychics!

The whole end justifies the means, a government losing sight of it's citizens, and citizens rising up has been around a long time, long before left vs right.

6. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    After watching it, I think it was a good movie that makes you think. The action sequences weren't glorified but were there for a point (and were pretty good). While the government is "a right wing" government, I think the point was not how bad the right was but how power could be misused and corrupts people.

More sensitive people could be bothered by negative the government that stressed faith and God was, but one can just look at history and see people using religion for their own ends (i.e. Crusades, Inquistion).

Overall, worth watching, even for conservative right wingers.