1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

V710, Prius and Voice Dialing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by vistagrande, May 14, 2005.

1. vistagrande

vistagrande New Member

I have a bluetooth headset that, when paired with my v710, allows me to press a button to activate the voice dialing features of the phone.
    Is it possible to use the voice dialing feature of the V710 thru the Prius car stereo like you can when the phone is paired with a bluetooth headset?

I haven't gotten the update for the phone yet so Im hoping that this feature will work after I update.

Thanks
    Lou ...

2. popoff

popoff New Member

I have a V710 with the firmware update.

Sorry to say, as soon as the phone couples to the car system, all the phone features, including voice dialing and speakerphone, are disabled. :cussing:

To make a call, you have to manually enter the number into the phone and press send. At that point the MFD activates and the car system takes over.

3. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And after you've reached into your pocket ( I sometimes have to unbuckle the seatbelt) and you've entered the number, or located it in your phone book you then find yourself parked inside the car in front of you! (not that I endorse using the MFD and entering numbers while driving or anything) but I really think it would be easier to see what's coming then fumbling around for your phone. I've also had weird times when I'll leave my car on and my phone will still be connected. I will dial a number and then when I am walking back to my car I hear a disgruntled person yelling through my car stereo. (lol)