1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

vacation mileage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by obiwan, Nov 30, 2004.

1. obiwan

obiwan New Member

Houston - West, near Westheimer and Beltway
    Trip: Houston - Alberquerque and return
    milleage: 2125
    mpg 42.8
    odo (ending) 5805

approximately 400 miles at altitude.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What was your average speed?
    I'm guessing, with numbers like those, you were around 75MPH. Especially since it's such a long trip, no one in their right mind would possibly make that trip at 55MPH.

What did you think of the car's handling on the interstate? Were you fighting it much? Cross-winds?

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We are just back from our vacation to Florida. Roundtrip was 3226 mi. only got 43.5 mpg. Boy i forgot how fast you can go down south. Man when you get over 70 the mpg really take a hit, but at least that damn snowflake never came on LOL! We had a great vacation the prius performed flaulessly. I finially got to experience what i think alot of people have been taking about "the high speed front end drift". It's got to be when a crosswind hits the car at a certain angle when you go over 70 you notice it a little, but it only happened on the way down, never noticed on the return trip and it was never more than a modest annoyance, if that. And i can't believe in all that travel in 10 days we NEVER saw another Prius, but in my first day back home i saw 2. weird.