1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VAIS AIC-100i can not be found. please help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jgelman, Oct 21, 2005.

1. jgelman

jgelman New Member

Just got my Prius 2 days ago after a wait! I live in the LA/OC area. Impressed by the description of the Vais Tech AIC-100i. Sounds like the best way to hook up my ipod with the Prius. I see there is a group thing going on for a price of $221.99, but that the wait is months for the 3rd batch if I order through priuschat....but if I want to get it now, the going price is $369.99. I figured I would pay more to not wait....and...I followed the link to the VAIS web site, and called 720-733-2348...over and over...always reach a voice mail (messages not returned as of yet). I then called around 15 places that sell-install mobile electronics (and 2 Toyota dealerships)...no one had a clue what I was talking about! I was hoping to just go somewhere today, buy the AIC-100i and install it or if need be pay someone to install it. Any suggestions on what to do? For those of you who have this, whre did you get it and did you install it or pay someone to do the installation? Thanks.

Joel

2. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Those of us in the group buy got ours via email concatact first, and then we were called for our information. I don't know of any retailers yet.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    They have a lot of business I think, but I get a email answer within a few days. I would hang on. My regular auto technician/shop installed it with out problems. I waited for the reduced price because the alternative was death at the hands of my wife. I waited about 6 weeks. Try ordering on their web site http://www.vaistech.com/aic100i.html. It looks OK to me.

4. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

It looks like they are working on the shopping cart system.

5. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

It seems they got overwhelmed with the 2 group buys and are still working on delivering to all those that ordered. Therefore, I would imagine later non-group buys would be seriously delayed, no matter what the price.

6. 1badprius

1badprius New Member

I e-mailed Eugene and asked about local dealers. A Lexus delaer in the area (D/FW TX) had several in stock, but wanted $399 for them. You might inquiry about local dealers in your area.