1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vais AIC-100i Playlist Strategy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jaybee, Dec 10, 2005.

1. jaybee

jaybee Junior Member

When the group buy of the Vais AIC-100i first surfaced, there were lots of discussions about how people were going to deal with the limitations of 99 playlists with 99 song limits. Some suggested playlists for each letter of the alphabet, etc.

As it turns out, I have a couple of playlists but mainly I have a giant playlist that contains my entire collection excluding lame stuff, (ie. cats meowing christmas carols, SFX, Creed) and use the RAND button let the songs randomly come down the pike.

If I develop a hankerin' to hear a particular song or artist, I use simple mode.

Has anyone developed an effective method for dealing with this playlist limitation?

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I hadn't planned to be doing the Random play on large playlists, but that's what I'm doing -- same situation for me.

What my plan initially was -- and which I hope to accomplish over the holidays -- is to create some smaller playlists (little "mini-operas" -- yes, I'm pretentious), and play them in the order in which I set them up.

If there was a feature I wish I had on the iPod, it would be the ability to change the order of tracks in a playlist from the iPod, instead of having to do it from iTunes. (The "on the go" playlists let you add and delete tracks, but not re-order them.)

3. BobR

BobR Member

That is exactly what I do, one playlist with every song in it and use random to listen to it. If there is a specific song I want to hear I go into simple mode. I find it difficult to drive and navigate the iPod, so I almost never do this.

I have also made playlists of specific bands and album compilations.

Bob

4. kente777

kente777 New Member

How do you do that with 9000 songs?

5. BobR

BobR Member

Do what? Find a specific song? Go into Simple Mode?
    Press the SCAN button 8 times to enter Simple Mode.
    I have to unplug and re-plug the iPod in and the iPod will have its normal screen. I find navigating the iPod while driving very difficult.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i find that going to simple mode is nearly impossible when i am driving. i am not coordinated enough to be able to easily disconnect the iPod with only one hand. so i leave mine in simple mode and RAND through my master list.

as far as navigating the iPod, that is not a problem so much. it provides so many search options, that i find it rather easy to find anything i want.

alpha by

name of song
    artist
    album
    grouping

so only have to know a few of the 4 although obvious problems occur if you only know one thing like the group...

besides, i rarely want to hear anything specific, i like the surprise and variety of the iPod selections. usually its someone riding with me that wants to hear something, and my iPod is in the compartment below the stereo, i pull it out and hand it to the requestor and they can look for what they want while i drive.

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have 6000 + songs on my iPod. I have alphabetic playlists for various types of music and that leaves me with 72 play lists. Most of the time in the past I just picked a group or type of music and let the iPod play them random. Having 72 play list is very cumbersome and is not working I think that I will trim it down to a few large lists and then use the simple mode when I want a specific song or group.