1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VAIS: Getting access under dash

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tripletdad, Jun 29, 2007.

1. tripletdad

tripletdad New Member

I had Circuit City install the Vais Sirius SoundLinQ (SLS) into my 2006 Prius with Nav.

It has been intermittently faulty: according to Vais tech support, a connection is loose.

Circuit City installed the unit below the dash to the right of the head unit (if you were sitting in the front passenger seat, the SLS would be behind the panel that is near your left knee, below the dashboard). They claim that they did not need to remove the dash to do this.

Circuit City is happy to try to fix the connection problem, but I'd rather pop off the panel below the dash myself if it isn't too tricky.

Can anyone describe how to remove this panel, or point me to a thread that may have this info? Or is this one too tricky for a "non-professional" (i.e. doofus)?

Thanks!

-David

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripletdad @ Jun 29 2007, 10:23 PM) [snapback]470472[/snapback]</div>
    See the first post in this thread.. There's a nice PDF there that shows how to take out the vent cover trim. Basically, all that you have to do is remove the glove compartment (*very* simple), then pop off that vent cover. I just did this a week ago, so if you have any follow-up questions, feel free to ask.