1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VAIS plus satellite installation issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by alanmushnick, Oct 17, 2006.

1. alanmushnick

alanmushnick New Member

hi
    I had a reputable car radio shop install the VAIS into my 2005 Prius. It has the standard radio. The installer insists that there is no way to use a satellite radio as an AUX in, and keep the iPod controls working through the car radio controls as a CD changer.
    Is this true?
    I know the VAIS literature says it is easy to do, but they installer says it won't work on all cars.
    Any help here?
    [email protected]

2. PriusInsight

PriusInsight New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alanmushnick @ Oct 17 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]333869[/snapback]</div>
    It dependus upon the Vais Interface.

SLU: dual Aux In. The Mode button will select the two AUX IN sources. The steering wheel control will control volume. (I believe that with the Prius you use MD emulation and the two AUX IN will be MD 1 and MD 2).

SLI: IPOD and AUx In interface. Should have full control of the IPOD. Other choice is MD 1 for AUX-IN)

SLX: XM and AUX-IN. Need to use accesory XM Direct receiver that attaches to the SLX interface. Full control and integration of the XM receiver. It must be an XM Direct, not a plug and play XM receiver.

SLS: Sirius and AUX-IN. Same as XM but uses the Eclipse (SIR-ECL1), Panasonic (SIR-PAN1), JVC (SIR-JVC1) tuners.

http://www.vaistech.com/home.html

So the answer to your question totally depends upon which Vais interface you have.