1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VAIS SLS Location

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by inlandempire, Oct 15, 2006.

1. inlandempire

inlandempire New Member

Does anyone have any feedback on installing VAIS SLS (Sirius w/16 characters) on a 2006 Prius with navigation? Where does the Sirius reciever and SLS unit get mounted? The SLS audio harness is about 3.5', and it can't be extended due to quality reasons!

2. CAPT Seabee

CAPT Seabee New Member

I'll apologize in advance for my input not being fully on target. I have the SLI which has two inputs which I use for my XM 2 GO and my IRiver. That's two sets of audio feeds. The box is mounted in the pull-open drawer in the front of the center console. The leads were long enough to run to the back of the head unit. From there you can run lines anywhere. I used velcro to attach the unit to the drawer and can pull it out easily if I need to make a software change. Only thing you might not like is drilling the hole in the back of the drawer. My XM sits in the front cup holder and I have a standard minijack line in the center console I can pull out to plug the MP3 in.

Warm regards.....