1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VAIS Technology iPod unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tnag78, Jan 14, 2010.

1. tnag78

tnag78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My Toyota dealer says they found a solution for the lack of a Toyota iPod interface system that doesn't cause the satellite radio system to be disabled. Their solution is the VAIS Technology SL2i-UP unit.

Does anybody have any experience with this product? Does it work? My dealer swears this does not "modify" the audio system and therefore won't invalidate any part of the Prius warranty? I'm still leery but if this works it would be nice to have a fully integrated iPod interface.:confused:

Thanks for any information or advise.

2. R2Pre2

R2Pre2 Feel the Force!

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I recall some threads about this product late last year. "Kamick81" was testing it for the manufacturer.

Thread: IPOD on-screen control with navigation: your experience

Specifically, posts #23 - #36, not sure if it continued until the end of the thread.
    I would really like to see more specific use of this product in action (i.e., pictures, u-tube video, etc.). Hint, hint!

1 person likes this.
  3. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the VAISTech XM interface and it works really great. Not sure about the iPod interface, but I do like VAISTech products!

1 person likes this.
  4. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    I tried the Vais module that permitted Sirius reception on my wifes Lexus a couple of years ago. It just didn't work, but they were great and after several tries to make it work, they took it back. I was only out a few dollars for the shipping so I would not hesitate to try this if I wanted this sort of product. I found their customer service to be excellent and prompt.

1 person likes this.