1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VAIS User Firmware Updater

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BobR, May 4, 2007.

1. BobR

BobR Member

VAIS released an USB interface that allows for user installed Firmware updates.

http://www.vaistech.com/slupdadapter.html

I have both a SLI and SLX and have been very happy with them. Some of the things I wanted to change was the ability to turn off the AUX-In on both and add a third bank of presets on the SLX. They have offered these features for a while and when I contacted them, they were happy to update the firmware for free. I only needed to send the SLI and SLX back to them. It didn't bother me that much and I didn't want to take apart my dash and be without either for any period of time.

Updating the firmware was very easy and I posted pictures here.

http://homepage.mac.com/brusso/PriusRadio/PhotoAlbum74.html

Bob

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobR @ May 4 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]435693[/snapback]</div>
    Hello!

They said there would firmware updates on their site, but I have not seen any just yet. Where did you get the list of available updates?

Thank you.

3. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ May 5 2007, 07:13 AM) [snapback]435949[/snapback]</div>
    The Firmware is not on their site. The directions in the manual explain how to connect the computer and generate a file that must be sent to VAIS. Within 24 hours I had an e-mail with the new firmware attached.

The detailed instructions are in the manual.
    http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/SL_FirmwareUpdate.pdf

Bob

4. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobR @ May 5 2007, 07:45 AM) [snapback]435956[/snapback]</div>

Ok but I thought I read that there was talk that there would be a thread on new firmware updates?

5. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ May 5 2007, 07:47 AM) [snapback]435958[/snapback]</div>
    A thread on the VAIS Forum or here? I don't know anything about it.

The firmware update did more than add features, it really improved the over all speed of both interfaces.

I'm just glad they added the ability to update the Firmware. They have been talking about a SLIX. Users should be able to upgrade an SLX or SLI to a SLIX. Clearly you would have to buy the missing interface cable. But for me, it would reduce one box.

Bob