1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Valet Parking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Nov 1, 2004.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I went down to Portland (OR) this weekend to a meeting. It was at a old major hotel and the only option was valet parking or a parking lot. So we pull up me with all my fears and the stories that I have heard here and elsewhere on the subject of valet parking attendants. So I pull up and turn off the car and the Smart Key System and give the Valet the extra fob and the valet card. He said no problem they get a lot of Prii and he new how to drive them. I did not trust. I left my umbrella in the car and made them take me to the car a hour or two later to "get the umbrella for my wife". What can I say I am a lying sack of sxxt. The car was properly shut down locked up and just fine. A different guy on Sunday got the car no problems. I guess the word is getting out. The world is a better place when valet parking attendants know how to drive a Prius.

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I would imagine that the talk among the parking attendants about the first one that ever came in, would be ingrained in their brains forever. The second one was the real learning experiment and the third one was old hat. What kind of mileage did you get on that streach of I5?

3. jchu

jchu New Member

I've been in Seattle with my wife enjoying the hospitality of Virginia Mason Medical Center for the last week and a half. Before I started walking to visit, I had the ?pleasure? of dealing with VMMC's valet parking. Most knew how to manage a Prius but there were still 2 valets that seemed totalled flummuxed by our Prius ever with the valet card in hand and me gesticulating wildly trying to show them how to get it started and in gear!!!

4. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just took mine to the toyota service department, and they guy who was to work on it didnt even know how to "fire it up"

I had to go out and show him.

5. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Now thats SAD!

6. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yes. very. The guy who sold it to me was shocked that I was booked in when their one prius tech wasn't working.

7. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

I've been trying to make an appointment with the local Prius tech for days! It's like pulling teeth. I haven't been able to talk to him over the phone because "personal calls aren't allowed" and typically service is done on a first come, first serve basis. I'm beginning to think there isn't a local Prius tech at all.