1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Valuable information on how to get the best price on Toyota parts

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Georgina Rudkus, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    This video explains how Toyota lists parts numbers and how to get the best price when buying them.

RRxing and bisco like this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's a great video, and I'm glad he mentions the -84 remanufactured parts.

There was, though, one thing I noticed when buying the remanufactured parts that he didn't mention: sometimes the xxxxx-yyyyy-84 remanufactured version doesn't come with everything that a new xxxxx-yyyyy comes with.

I noticed it with Gen 1 brake calipers, where if you buy the new part 47730-12490 or 47750-12490, everything shown in this drawing comes in the box, but if you buy the -84 reman version, only the bits I sprayed green do.

[​IMG]

I don't know what differences like that might exist for the -84 versions of other parts.

PriusCamper likes this.
  3. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You will not likely need the caliper bracket. You can purchase aftermarket pins, bolts and the rubber parts aftermarket really cheap on Amazon, if you need them.

I've purchased Carlson, GM and Raybestos versions of these parts. The box and parts numbers, but the numbers on the plastic bags for the parts equivalents are the same. On that account, purchase these parts by price.

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sure, I didn't mean to suggest it's an insurmountable problem.

Just something to be aware of, in case you might otherwise assume that xxxxx-yyyyy-84 is just the same as xxxxx-yyyyy only remanufactured.

JahT likes this.