1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vandalism damage or poor detailing?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dolce_Vita, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Dolce_Vita

Dolce_Vita Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Guys :)

On wednesday my car was vandalised, in daylight, whilst parked in front of my school, in full view of many houses and many classrooms. The car was egged (at least 6 times), then covered almost top to bottom with clear cling wrap, then egged again. I was notified by the school of the incident, helped to wash the car on school grounds and the principal (headmaster?) is investigating as to who did it and made it clear that police would be involved if the people were found.

I'm sure it wasnt a member of the public who did it, there were many other student cars around including a few Audis, VWs etc and a Range Rover (a teachers). My school is also in a very safe suburb. It's definately someone in my grade who thinks they're funny.

On wednesday afternoon i took my car to be washed and waxed etc, a deluxe wash (i'm not 100% sure what that includes). All turned out good apart from a fair few new scratches around the place and impact wounds from the eggs. Not happy.

Tonight whilst moving my car into the garage i noticed that on the A pillar, there is some very distinct discolouration in the paint. The paint is a vivid, bright red up until a line, where it becomes much darker. This is also evident on the roof area near the pillar.

Is this poor work on the part of the detailer or vandalism damage?

I tried to capture it with my SLR, although it didn't really work so i used my phone, excuse the bad phones :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ouch. I wouldn't wait for "if/when someone is caught". File a police report now. In NJ the damage would be covered by the comprehensive part of your insurance. Eggshell will scratch the paint. If it isn't too bad ScratchX can get it out. I'd attribute your faded paint to the vandalism.

Many years ago some scumbag in Trenton egged my Intrigue. Hopefully the little bugger has been flooded out this month.

1 person likes this.
  3. Chippy01

Chippy01 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like a shadow line to me. It looks too straight to be anything else.
    In the first pic you can see that it extends onto the black on the top of the door.
    Could be one of two things, I think...
    1. Something is causing a shadow in your garage.
    2. The car has been parked in the sun in one place (same place, same time of the day, same *shortish* amount of time, many times, etc) and the sun has bleached the colour.
    (I say shortish, because if you stay in one place for too long a time, the shadow that is cast by the sun will move.)

1 person likes this.
  4. Dolce_Vita

Dolce_Vita Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I too thought it was just a shadow! but it's visible when not in the garage as well :s

It must have been the sun?

5. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Looks to me like part of the car has been resprayed and a poor colour match blended in. When the car was polished to remove scratches some surface paint is remove, also removing the blending in, leaving the two different colours.

6. Dolce_Vita

Dolce_Vita Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It could be that? My dad bought he car with 10,000km (6,200miles), prior to us owning it, it was a Toyota Executive car, so for all i know it could have been sprayed. Now it has 50,000km (30,000miles), i've had the car detailed numerous times, yet it's only arrisen now?