1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vatican airlines passengers must dump holy water

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by markderail, Aug 31, 2007.

1. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This article tickled me :rolleyes:

BoingBoing link

Enough is enough! It has been proven time & again that liquids pose no threat.

2. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I giggle at the thought of someone buying "blessed" water for a huge markup. You could hold up a bottle of evian when the pope does his blessing out the window, and it too would be holy water, but wouldn't cost a dollar an ounce.

Actually, aren't you allowed to bring a bottle of water on the plane? Couldn't you just pour it into that bottle? And why not bring the "madonna" container back with you and refill it at church? It'd still be holy water, and you could say you brought the bottle back from the
    vatican.

I'm not sure which is dumber, confiscating the bottles, buying the bottles in the first place, or throwing them out.

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually, I think it is pretty darned bad that people cannot travel with things that are important in their religion.

Personally, I want to be able to travel with my ritual sword :D

4. ACORNBLUES

ACORNBLUES New Member

Hello. I'm still pissed that my cycling flashlight and favorite socket driver was confiscated while some pope or whatever next to me is allowed to carry a heavy metal cross longer than my forearm. Don't even bother w/ the the job angle. I was traveling for work. Stupid French authorities.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mark Derail @ Aug 31 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]504999[/snapback]</div>

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Selling "holy" water is bad enough. But selling it in a bottle shaped like Mary is really over the top. And I thought we here in the states had a lock on tacky consumer items.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Aug 31 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]505019[/snapback]</div>
    You are allowed to bring a bottle of water on the plane, but only if it was bought after you pass through security. You can't take bottles bigger than 3oz (or 100ml) through security.

6. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So the lesson is, they should have brought their Mary bottles home in the checked luggage instead of the carry on? (And people will by any ridiculous crap).

The only thing I've had confiscated was some tupip bulbs. The vendor I bought them from had year old custom paperwork, which was not up to date, so they took my tulips. Bastards!

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Aug 31 2007, 02:30 PM) [snapback]505052[/snapback]</div>
    You don't have to buy the water. I carry an empty water bottle, then fill it up once I'm through security. It's a lot cheaper than the stuff they sell.

Tom