1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vehicle Stability Control

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by santoro1, Jul 9, 2006.

1. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

Just placed order for a magnetic gray, gray interior package 3 06 Prius. Excited about it and should get it within 10 days.. My question...I didn't really need package 5, so my choice was between 3 and 4. I ordered the 3. It is my understanding that the VSC is designed for control in ice and snow, etc..If I understand it correctly. Is there any real benefit of having it here in south florida? Please let me know quickly, bec I could probably change the order at this point...But not for too long I am sure. Thanks

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ajs @ Jul 9 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]283548[/snapback]</div>
    If you can afford the VSC, then get it. There is quite a bit of information about it, showing that it is one of the most incredible safety features even invented. (do a search through the threads for VSC and you can find others who have posted about it in the past).

Basically, it is something that you hope you never have to use, but in the event that you suddenly lose control (take a turn to fast, skid on a wet road, get suddenly cut off)...it can make a huge difference in the outcome.

The VSC can individually control the brakes on each wheel (and use the ABS), helping the vehicle right itself when faced with a situation where the vehicle identifies that you are out of control. For example, if went into an empty parking lot, and quickly tried to swerve out of control, the VSC takes over and attempts to keep the vehicle as straight as possible.

This is a basic explanation, but hopefully you get the idea...I would strongly suggest getting it if you can afford it!

3. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

Thanks, I actually called my salesman and changed the order to a package 4. He said it would probably take 2 weeks instead of ten days to get the vehicle. (Luckily the dealership I used has the highest allotment of cars in south Florida)...Anyway, when you are paying over 20K for a vehicle, another 375 MSRP for a safety feature is a no brainer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 9 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]283553[/snapback]</div>

4. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ajs @ Jul 9 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]283558[/snapback]</div>
    Well, hopefully it is something that you never actually need...but I'm glad I have it...just in case!

Let us know when you get your car!

5. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

Will do! Any extra's that might be good for the car , esp on the interior, that I can get after the sale, please let me know. There are probably a lot of little dodads that make life easier but are not so obvious to get. Thanks again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 9 2006, 08:42 PM) [snapback]283570[/snapback]</div>

6. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What dealer did you use? And yeah, I can see using it here in South Florida. What with the rain and hurricanes and all we go through.

7. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ajs @ Jul 9 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]283579[/snapback]</div>
    Well, on first thought, considering the amount of rain you get, all weather floormats would be a great idea. Personally, I don't need them here in Sunny CA, but there it would be needed.

There are a lot of threads here about the differnt types...do a quick search...