1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

vehicle status

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by deenbob, Apr 20, 2012.

1. deenbob

deenbob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2012 model 5 with the advance technology package. With the amount of information available within the multi sensor and computers on board you would think Toyota would provide a status screen on the Nav HDD. Basic information like temperatures, pressures, fluid levels, etc could be displayed to give the owner/driver vehicle status.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I believe there is a status screen but I don't think all those stats are available. Have you read the manual?

3. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Car nerds would probably enjoy it, but the Prius is not made for car nerds; it's made for average folks. The average person has no idea what a "normal" oil pressure is, or what temperature the coolant should be, or what an inverter is and why it should be kept cool...

Instead, there's a big yellow triangle, and the MID. If something goes horribly wrong, it flashes the triangle and tells you what to do on the screen. If everything's normal, then the driver remains completely oblivious, as most of them would prefer to be with regards to the inner workings of their car.

4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does a ScanGauge II display data like the OP is asking about?

Mike